- September 2012 – Healthy Altoona Partnership officially formed by City Council
- September 2012 – Awarded funding and technical support through October 2014 from the Polk County Health Department’s Community Transformation Grant
- October 2013 – Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Community Assesssment Conducted & Finalized
- November 2013 – Formed a partnership with local churches, Hy-Vee, the Enabling Garden volunteers and City of Altoona to host an Arbor Day celebration. Planning underway and more information and partnerships to be announced.
- November – December 2013 – Assessed community residents for interest level in a community garden.
JOIN the Partnership Now – Click Here
- Quitting smoking takes time. But did you know that your body can benefit from quitting after just 20 minutes without a cigarette? October 20, 2016
- Partnership Hosts a Workshop on Securing Your Retirement – Using Social Security Strategies October 2, 2016
- Support the Fitness for Food Fundraiser Hosted by Altoona East Coast Tae Kwon Do September 29, 2016
- Partnership Hosts Healthiest State Walk September 27, 2016
- Join the Community Conversation on Suicide Prevention Strategies April 11, 2016
Search This Site
City of Altoona Website