- September 2012 – Healthy Altoona Partnership officially formed by City Council
- September 2012 – Awarded funding and technical support through October 2014 from the Polk County Health Department’s Community Transformation Grant
- October 2013 – Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Community Assesssment Conducted & Finalized
- November 2013 – Formed a partnership with local churches, Hy-Vee, the Enabling Garden volunteers and City of Altoona to host an Arbor Day celebration. Planning underway and more information and partnerships to be announced.
- November – December 2013 – Assessed community residents for interest level in a community garden.